Monday, December 26, 2011

PIE--An amazing book!

I just finished reading PIE by Sarah Weeks.  I first heard about this book at a Peggy Sharp workshop in November.  As a first-year librarian, I didn't know anything about Peggy before attending her workshop, but quickly figured out when she blesses a book, it's a really GOOD book!  PIE just happened to be one of those books, so I bought it at our book fair.

This is the point where it makes sense for me to give you a summary of the book and then tell you why I liked it so much.  But, others have already done that, and I agree with the hype surrounding the book.  So, I decided to include some links for you to explore.

Click here to read Chapter One of PIE.

If you want to read a plot synopsis and reviews from School Library Journal, Kirkus, and more, click here.

Sarah Weeks has a fun blog.  Click here for the blog's home page.  Click here for a fun blog posting by Weeks about PIE.

Scholastic has a great interview of Sarah Weeks.  Click here to read it.  Thanks to John Schu for posting this.  By the way, if you don't follow him on Twitter, you really should.  He's @MrSchuReads

Here's a review from the YA Librarian Tales blog.  Follow Sarah, the author of this blog on Twitter @whtabtpineapple

If you haven't read PIE, you should definitely head to your local library and check it out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment